Warm Tiles™ Electric Floor Warming Cable (DMC) are specifically designed for use with all readily available uncoupling membranes.
The DMC Cable is installed by simply pressing the cable into the channels of the uncoupling membrane in whatever configuration is needed to cover the area to be heated. By using one of the spacing methods described below, the DMC cable can provide three different levels of floor heat (12W/ft2, 15W/ft2, or 18W/ft2) depending on the application.
Standard cable spacing is used for rooms above another heated area. Dense cable spacing is used for rooms above unheated areas, concrete slabs or high heat loss areas, and Alternative cable spacing is used when a cable shortage or excess cable is present during the installation, and modifications in layout are required. The same spacing should be used over the entire installation, as non-uniform spacing will result in areas that are either significantly cooler or warmer than other areas. The spacing diagrams shown below are only valid for 1.25″ membrane channel spacing. Cable spacing will be different depending on the member used.
Standard Cable Spacing
Cables are spaced 3 channels apart. This results in spacing of 3-3/4 in (90 mm) between cables and provides 12 W/ft2.
Alternating Cable Spacing
Cables are spaced alternatively 3 channels apart then 2 channels apart. This results in spacing of 3-3/4 in (90 mm) and 2-1/2 in (60 mm) between cables and provides 15 W/ft2.
Dense Cable Spacing
Cables are spaced 2 channels apart. This results in spacing of 2/1/2 in (60 mm) between cables and provides 18 W/ft2.
DMC cables are designed to gently warm flooring materials such as:
- Porcelain Tile
- Ceramic Tile
- Glass Tile
- Natural Stones
- Laminate Flooring
- Most Engineered Hardwood Products
- Carpets & Padding with a combined Thermal Overall Grade (Tog) of no more than 2.5
DMC cables are suitable for:
- Commercial and residential floor applications
- Wet floor areas (ie: shower floor) when installed underneath a waterproofing system.
- CSA Certified for use in both the U.S. and Canada
- Available in 120 and 240 Vac.
- Heating area range from 7 ft2 – 250 ft2 (0.7 m2 – 23 m2).
- Cable can be laid directly from the spool into the membrane in whatever configuration you need.
- Once the cable is installed, tile installation is easy: self-leveling or scratch coat may not be required.
- Approved for a variety of applications and floor finishes for the ultimate in versatility and compatibility.
- Cables can also be installed in steps, including risers, leading to a bath/shower area in most jurisdictions. Check with your local electrical inspector before installing in steps.
- Cables can be installed in tiled showers or other wet areas, although it is recommended that you check with your local electrical inspector first to verify that this application is allowed in your jurisdiction.
- Fifteen year limited warranty.