Warm Tiles™ Electric Floor Warming Cable (DFT) are designed to supply plenty of warmth and ultimate freedom in any shape room.
The DFT Cable is installed by lacing the cable on the floor wherever it’s required. As shown below, the DFT Cable can be laced in two different spacing options, “Standard” for most applications, or “Alternate” for concrete slabs, crawl spaces or other high heat loss areas. Simply anchor the strapping to the floor using common fastening options (Screws, nails, staples, concrete tape, hot glue, etc.), then lace the cable into the strapping using the pre-spaced positions. Easy to follow installation instructions are included in every kit.
DFT Cables are designed to gently and evenly warm flooring materials such as:
- Porcelain Tile
- Ceramic Tile
- Glass Tile
- Natural Stones
- Laminate Flooring
- Most Engineered Hardwood Products
- Carpets & Padding with a combined Thermal Overall Grade (Tog) of no more than 2.5
DFT Cables are suitable for:
- Commercial and residential floor applications.
- Wet floor areas (ie: shower floor) when installed underneath a waterproofing system.
- UL Listed, CSA Certified and conform to European Directives.
- The installation of the DFT cable in an uncoupling membrane is certified to Canadian standards only.
- Available in 120 and 240 Vac kits.
- Easily installed on subfloor or concrete slab, in thin-set or self-leveling compound materials.
- Supplied with standard 10 ft (3.05 m) cold leads, which are designed to supply 12 W/ft2 or 15 W/ft2 when installed per instructions.
- Unlimited design configurations for even the most irregularly shaped layouts.
- Low profile cable thickness with minimal increase in floor height.
- Included strapping roll(s) can be cut to any length required.
- Designed for two different spacing options between the cables depending on customer preferences, desired heat output or subfloor material.
- Can also be installed within an uncoupling membrane.
- Use only uncoupling membranes that are rated for +194°F (+90°C) or greater and are approved by the manufacturer for having heating cable installed within them. Contact your local sales representative for details.
- Fifteen year limited warranty.